PLEASE NOTE THIS SECTION IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Many solicitors firms will offer a free initial consultation on the telephone so that they can point you in the right direction.
In the list below, you will find the contact details of some of the UK's leading education law firms (and other related legal services). This is not an advert and it is not intended to be a recommendation of any firms' services, it is a starting point.
If you would like to add your firms details to this list, please do contact me. The list is in no particular order!
- Irwin Mitchell Public Law team are able to offer a free initial consultation with a member of their public law team to ascertain if they are able to assist or direct to another service or organisation. Visit the link here or call 0870 1500 100
- Maxwell Gillott offer an initial free 30 minute phone call on 0845 388 0108 or click on the link. They are also one of the three firms with a legal advice contract, which means that they offer a telephone advice helpline on SEN and discrimination for people who are eligible for legal aid. See link below.
- Community Legal Advice Line on 0845 345 4345 allows people living on a low income or benefits, who are eligible for legal aid to get specialist legal advice on benefits and tax credits, debt, education, housing, employment and family problems. If you call the number, you will be allocated one of the three firms on a random basis.
- John Ford Solicitors are able to offer an initial consultation to see if they are able to help and take on your case. 020 8800 64 64 or email email@example.com
- Celtic Knot is a small law firm specialising in the law relating to the practice of social work, and benefits law. They offer an initial half hour free interview but the firm points out that it is run by a sole practitioner so they cannot offer an emergency service or a dedicated line that will always be answered, although messages left will be responded to. Telephone 0121 286 8785 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Children’s Legal Practice Ltd are specialist education solicitors with expertise in advising families with children with special educational needs. They provide legal advice and wherever possible try to suggest practical solutions to assist families and children. They are experienced in acting on behalf of children who have a range of complex special educational needs and work closed with a team of expert witnesses including educational psychologists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and physiotherapists. They also have expertise in relation to the law relating to Social Services and can advise families who wish to secure a package of support from Social Services including respite support. They offer a free initial thirty minute telephone consultation and can be contacted by email to sarah.palmer@
childrenslegalpractice.com or 01329 823322.
- Moore Blatch specialises in education law matters involving special educational needs, school exclusions, matters involving children without education, school admissions, discrimination, private schooling matters, bullying, school transport and more. Serving families throughout England and Wales, we are experienced litigators; very familiar with special educational needs issues. Families can often feel at a loss fighting to achieve suitable education for their children. We can help in securing the best provision for your child. Contact our education team: Email Leena.email@example.com for initial enquiries (head of department) by email or alternatively Janata.firstname.lastname@example.org and Victoria.edwards@mooreblatch.
com or telephone 0808 231 6491